Registration is now open for the Women’s Leadership Development Summit being held this year in NYC’s Desmond Tutu Center. The Summit will focus on helping women practitioners identify their personal and collective leadership to aid in developing skills to realize their potential. Topics presented and discussed will include:
- Skill Development
- Diversity in Leadership
- Alternative Career Paths
- Transitioning to Positions of Leadership
- Creating Your Mentorship Networks
If you are a design professional seeking to discover your leadership potential and what it takes to lead a practice, this is an event not to miss!
Our own committee co-chairs Nancy Goshow and Diane Tien will both be speaking during the conference’s various sessions. In addition to:
- Joan Blumenfeld, FAIA from Perkins+Will
- Jeanne Gang, FAIA from Studio Gang Architects
- Betsy Myers, Senior advisor to President Obama’s presidential campaign
- Susan Chin, FAIA, assistant commissioner for capital projects at the City of New York Department of Cultural Affairs
- Sue Henderson, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at Queens College of the City University of New York
- Molly Jones, AIA from Benham
- Pamela Loeffelman, FAIA, Vice President and Executive Committee Member of AIA National for 2009-2010
- Anne-Marie Lubenau, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Community Design Center of Pittsburgh
- Angela O’Byrne, AIA, President of Perez, APC
- Janice Olshesky, AIA, President of Olshesky Design Group, LLC
- Rebecca Shambaugh, MA, President and CEO of SHAMBAUGH
- Roberta Washington, FAIA, principal of Roberta Washington Architects, PC
- Carole Wedge, FAIA, president of Shepley Bulfinch
- and many local industry leading professional women
Nominate someone you think is worthy of the First Annual AIA Athena Award, to be given at the conference. An Athena award winner is honored for professional excellence, community service and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills.
Visit conference website for Conference Agenda and other information.